Whitelist-AGI is implemented in FreeBPX as follows.
- A new context named
whitelistis added to the Dialplan. It runs an AGI script that checks the CallerID number against the Whitelist group in the Contact Manager.
- If the CallerID number is in the group, the result is success
- If the CallerID number is not in the group but the CID name looks legitimate, the result is softfail
- If the CallerID number is not in the group and the CID name is suspicious, the result is hardfail
- A note on hardfail: a “suspicious” CallerID name is one of the following:
- Consists of only digits
- Starts with “Anonymous”, “Blocked”, “Spam”, “Unknown”, or “Withheld”
- Has the same value as the one set in the “Artificial CNAM” field of the CID Superfecta “Abandon Lookup” data source
- “Private” is not on the list. Many people have a legitimate desire or need to have an unlisted number and should not be treated as a telemarketer or scammer.
- The system administrator sets up a Custom Destination named Call Whitelisting
that uses the
- The sysadmin sets two options in Connectivity > Inbound Routes > (route):
Set Destination is set to
Other > CID Lookup Source is set to a value, typically
- Set Destination is set to
- The sysadmin sets up a Custom Destination for each of the three possible
results from the
whitelist.agiscript (success, softfail, hardfail) to tell FreePBX how to handle the call